• O2 supercharges its Priority initiative, bringing exclusive offers and special experiences from high street brands directly to customers’ phones • Partnering with 30 major UK brands at launch, including ODEON, Harvey Nichols, WH Smith and Zizzi, delivering over 40 exclusive offers
O2 today announces its plans to take the voucher market mainstream with the launch of Priority Moments, an exclusive new location-based offers service for O2 customers. Priority Moments can deliver money saving deals and enhanced everyday experiences from leading brands to O2’s 22 million customers across the UK and has the potential to save every customer £105 per month*.
O2 Marketing and Consumer Director, Sally Cowdry outlined the central focus of the service. “Only O2 can do this. No other companies in this space have the direct, loyal relationship with the customer. O2 is a trusted brand and through Priority Moments we have established long term partnerships with well loved and respected brands that people want to engage with regularly. You will consistently find offers and experiences from O2 and these companies over a long period of time.”
Priority Moments is truly mobile and easy to use. It enables customers to take advantage of offers and experiences that are relevant, local and are immediately redeemable where they are. Priority Moments is customisable and is a consolidated service that makes life simple for consumers; with no printing, posting or hunting around on the internet.
The service goes beyond current voucher schemes by combining exclusive money-saving deals from leading, recognisable brands with a range of enhanced experiences that make everyday interactions with these brands better for O2 customers. These offers and experiences are unique to the service and could include, for example, early access to a sale, free delivery on goods or a free glass of wine with meal.
During the launch period there will be over 40 individual offers from 30 brands, available for customers to use at over 3500 high street outlets across the country. Priority Moments is a long term commitment from O2 that will continue to grow as more partners get involved.
Exclusive Priority Moments at launch include 50% off tickets from Sunday to Thursday at ODEON Cinemas; an exclusively designed, complementary Harvey Nichols canvas tote bag with every purchase of fashion or beauty over £25; half price WH Smith’s ‘read of the week’, and a starter and main course for £10 or a free glass of prosecco and dough sticks at Zizzi. Other leading brands that are part of the service at launch include Toni & Guy, Yo! Sushi, French Connection, National Express, Ask Pizza, JJB Sports and Hotel Chocolat**. O2 will also include special deals and experiences from its own retail stores.
“The key word here is priority. We designed the service to make life easier, cheaper and more enjoyable for our customers,” continued Sally Cowdry. “This is not a tactical programme of one-off deals – it’s about building a long-term, nationwide service that benefits both our customers and our partners. With Priority Moments we are bringing our customers exclusive, special offers and experiences from their favourite brands in a way that works for them. The combination of mobile, great offers and experiences by trusted companies with long term partnerships creates what we believe is a special service.”
Priority Moments is available as a free application to download for iPhone and Android customers, but it’s not just for smartphones, any O2 customer with a WAP-enabled device can use the service via a mobile website. Offers are delivered by location, making it quick and easy for customers to find offers and experiences that will benefit them. Customers simply show the offer on the screen of their handset in order to redeem it.
Priority Moments represents a multi-million pound investment by O2 and will be backed by a major through-the-line marketing campaign. It follows the success of Priority Tickets, which has made O2 one of the UK’s largest distributors of tickets to music events with over 600,000 tickets distributed in the last two years. Amongst customers, awareness of Priority increases brand consideration by 10 points, while amongst prospects it nearly doubles.
For brands, Priority Moments represents an opportunity to reach millions of O2 customers in an engaging, relevant and highly effective manner. By delivering offers and experiences to customers wherever they are, partners will be able to drive additional business through their stores, reinforce customer loyalty and stay competitive in busy retail environments. By partnering with O2, businesses can start to reap the true benefits of location-based services, engaging directly, immediately and effectively with prospective customers.
Priority Moments is now available for O2 customers to download or access through their phones. To access the service customers can simply text ‘moments’ to 2020.
Notes to Editors
*£105 per month saving figure based on the following calculation:
· *2 trips to an Odeon cinema - £9.70 saving (based on standard adult ticket price at the Odeon Kingston)
· 1 canvas Tote bag from Harvey Nichols – value - £25
· A single trip on National Express from London to Edinburgh - £36.90 saving (based on cost of journey of £36.90 on Tuesday 18th July)
· 1 haircut at Toni & Guy - £11.40 saving (based on mid-range stylist cost of £57)
· 1 meal at Zizzi - £6.10 saving based on the combined cost of a starter (£6.15) and main course (£9.95) at £16.10
· 1 book purchased at WH Smith - £4 saving based on the average price of a paperback at £8
· JJB Sports - £12 saving – based on purchasing a pair of Nike air running shoes at £59.99
Total - £105.10
**See www.o2.co.uk/prioritymoments for full offer terms & conditions
A selection of Priority Moments exclusive launch offers & experiences
Zizzi Complimentary glass of Prosecco and doughsticks (all week)
Free upgrade to premium wine (Sun-Thurs)
WHSmiths 50% off top two selling books of the week
ODEON Half price adult & teenager tickets (Sun – Thurs)
Harvey Nichols Exclusive, designed canvas tote bag when £25 spent
Complimentary O2 cocktail
Win tickets to London Fashion Week
ASK Free drink when you dine (all week)
Free bottle of wine when you spend £25
Hotel Chocolat 10% off all purchases
Free box of chocolates with £15 min spend
JJB 20% off all Nike products
Toni & Guy 20% off all hair services (Mon-Weds)
Essensuals 20% off all hair services (Mon-Weds)
Yo! Sushi Free Miso Soup
1/3 off your food bill when you bring a friend (Tues-Sun)
National Express £10 fare on all routes (Tuesday & Wednesday)
Little Chef Upgrade from early starter breakfast to Olympic breakfast
Free dessert with any main course
No 1 Traveller Limited number free Lounge passes
Gatwick Express 10 tickets for the price of 7
Free drink from trolley (Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm)
Upgrade to 1st class for £1 (Sat & Sun)
Chez Gerard Free glass of wine
O2 15% off accessories
Dove Spa £10 for a spray tan (normally £28)
French Connection Gift with purchase of over £30
Viagogo Exclusive ticket offers
The Fragrance Shop Half price on 24 Fragrance 50ml
Non Exclusive Offers & Experiences
Ramada Jarvis 3 nights from £99 (2 adults sharing)
Pizza Hut Free unlimited salad with every main course
Kids eat free (one free per adult meal)
Halfords 50% off selected products
Thames Clippers 1/3 off river travel
Intercontinental Hotels Free buffet-style breakfast for all guests
O2 Press Office contacts
t +44 (0)1753565656
All O2 news releases can be accessed at our website: www.o2.co.uk/news
• Telefónica UK Limited is a leading communications company for consumers and businesses in the UK, with 22.3 million mobile customers and over 700,000 fixed broadband customers, as at 31 March 2011.
• Telefónica UK Limited is part of Telefónica Europe plc, a business division of Telefónica S.A. which uses O2 as its commercial brand in the UK, Ireland, Slovakia, Germany and the Czech Republic, and has 56.9 million customers across these markets.
• O2 is the naming rights partner of The O2, the world-class entertainment venue.
• O2 employs around 11,000 people in the UK and has 450 retail stores.
• In October 2010 O2 was voted the UK’s best mobile network by the readers of both What Mobile and Mobile Choice magazine.
• O2 was ranked highest in customer satisfaction for both UK mobile and fixed broadband customers according to the J.D. Power and Associates UK Mobile and Fixed Broadband Studies 2010.
• O2’s UK 2G mobile network provides voice and data services which are available to 99% of the UK’s population.
• O2’s UK 3G (HSPA+ 900 / 2100 MHz) network currently provides voice and high speed data services of up to 14.4Mbps (21Mbps in the coming months) which are available to over 84% of the UK population.
• O2 was the first UK operator to deploy a 4G/LTE trial network which has demonstrated peak speeds of over 100Mbps to a mobile device.
• Telefónica Europe also owns 50% of Tesco Mobile, which operates in the UK and Ireland, and 50% of Tchibo Mobilfunk in Germany.
• For further press information about O2 go to www.o2.co.uk/news
Keywords: Europe, o2, Telefonica o2 Europe, Telefonica Europe, Telefónica Europe